Rosalie Haizlett Illustration
Nature Girl Embroidered Patch - Iron-On
This iron-on embroidered patch features a watercolor illustration that I painted depicting many of the plants and creatures that I grew up seeing around my rural West Virginia home, including a trout, morel, amanita and honey mushrooms, a songbird, etc.
Size: 3.5 x 3.5 inches
You can choose to sew or iron on your patch to apply it to fabric. Here's how to iron it on:
1. Prepare your iron with a high heat setting
2. Position your patch on the fabric
3. Lay a protective piece of cloth between your face-down patch and the iron so that you're not applying heat directly on the patch itself. For the cloth, you can use a pressing cloth, cotton pillowcase, handkerchief, etc.
4. Press the iron down and hold it in place for 30 - 45 seconds. Try not to move the iron around since this can shift the position of the patch.
5. Once the patch is attached to the fabric, turn the clothing inside out and lay it flat on your ironing board. Position the protective cloth over the reverse side of the patch and apply heat for another 30 - 45 seconds.